123-reg Website Builder Review
123-reg is the British equivalent of US internet giant GoDaddy. They claim to have registered more than three million domain names and host more than 1.4 million websites making them the biggest domain provider in the UK.
They are also based in the UK, which is a definite plus if you are seeking UK search engine traffic, and are owned by the “Host Europe Group,” which is a major player in European hosting and domain registration. In other words – they will not be going anywhere anytime soon.
123 Reg Website Builder
Main Pros and Cons:Pros:
- Based in the UK If you are a UK company looking for search engine traffic from the UK, this is a definite plus. Having a UK IP address is a main step in telling the search engines where you are. Ease of use and speed
- The Editor is very easy to use and you will be up and running tout suite. Professional looking themes
- The themes are very well designed and completely customisable
- Somewhat deceptive selling approach. The price options are a little misleading before buying, but this has no effect on their product quality
- Two separate sites. The Mobile version must be built on their mobile platform
The entire theme is completely and easily customisable, so if you are really interested in making something different you can do so. In addition, the site builder is extremely intuitive to use. Uploading images and embedding video is simple and there are widgets for almost any occasion, including Facebook, Twitter, Google +, PayPal and Flickr widgets. Building forms is also simple and fast.
The mobile version needs to be built separately and you can preview what the site will look like on most mobile devices.
OverallWe very much like the way this editor works and can certainly recommend it if you are looking for more control than some of the other website builders available. It is also very good for UK based businesses.The fact that you can edit each widget and create your own themes is a plus if you are interested in “getting your hands dirty,” without too many technical skills required. Any website builder comparison needs to include 123-reg, especially as it is UK based.
I was able to improve my IT skills and now have a website that looks extremely professional – I find that whenever I require support or help the staff are very supportive and helpful and can understand my very basic and confused IT knowledge.
- Sadia Nosheen, masoomah.co.uk.
Review by Mark Knowles Last Updated 6th May 2014Check out